Thursday, December 02, 2010

Project Soul Feedback

Now that we saw and experienced the dancing, it's time to reflect.

Here's some homework for you. These questions are there to help you write some good feedback to the artists. You don't need to use them all.

1. What did you think of the performance?
2. What emotions did you feel?
3. Do you have a different view of dancing now that you've seen this performance?
4. In what way did you feel inspired?
5. If you're a dancer, in what way do you relate to their stories?
6. All dancers had a different story to tell. What message(s) did they share that stood out?

Your answer should appear in the comment section of this post. Remember to only put your number when you sign at the end of your comment.

Length: you know when it's good enough.
Due date: as soon as you can!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a test.

#29

Anonymous said...

I found the performance really good, and I thought that they were amazing at hip hop. I also liked how they did hip hop as they were telling the story about there life, and that they were all true stories.

#7

Anonymous said...

Sorry I forgot to wright about the others. I felt happy when they were breakdancing and calm when they were "mastering the 4 elements".

Also in there stories they were teaching you to be yourself and not care what anybody else wants you to be, but be what you want to be.

#7

Anonymous said...

i found the proformance inspiering .every dancer had their own story. they shared their compation and love of dancing in a way that made every one understand their insperation . even if you do not like dancing the message that was passed was strong and powerful.i realy enjoyed the preformance!


12

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie,

I think that this performance was very energetic and I loved how they danced with a story.

I could tell that these are the kind of dancers that are passionate about what they do because you can see that they love every minute of it.

My favourite dancer was Trevor and Steve they were really good at breaking and poping!!!

The message that stood out to me was "be yourself." What I would say if I had a message is "think what you think not what others think of you."

#9

Anonymous said...

I thought the performance was really cool and I would like to see it again someday. The message that really stood out for me was: do not be someone who you are not. From #6

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this presentation tremendously Project Soul’s dancing skills were impressive and amazing. The types of dancing that I enjoyed the most were “hip-hop” and the style Trevor did, which I believe is called “popping”. For me, it was astounding that Trevor could create an optical illusion which made his arm look like rubber (when he held his arm horizontally and waved it back and forth). The hip-hop (in particular) made me think about how strong the dancers had to be to support all their weight on one arm. Of course, all types of dancing require a fairly robust body. Overall, I thought Project Soul was superb.
--Daniel #4

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the show! I normally don't look at dancing or hip-hop performances but this was really special.

The "mastering the elements" part reminded me of the cartoon "Avatar, the last airbender". :)

I loved the popping part! Trevor(or Steve...I forgot who's who) really made it seem as if he were dislocating his joints and he made a very realistic robot!

The message that stood out for me was "Be yourself, don't become someone you're not even if others do it."

I think Project Soul is one amazing dancing group!

#3

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie,

I really enjoyed this proformance and I really think that these dancers have great talent. This groupe is really passionate about what they do, you can tell by whatching them move and dance.

Their stories inspired me to remind myself that you don't have to change to fit into a group. Be yourself and show your feelings and emotions while you express yourself. BE YOURSELF.

Now I really have a diffrent view on dancing, it is much more expressive then I thought. I really enjoyed how these dancers can really express themselves and just believe in them selves.

#19

Anonymous said...

That was an amazing preformance! The energy and the spirit that the preformers put into their dancing really showed. It also fueled the audience, and really got us captivated.

When they danced out their stories, it felt like you were really getting to know them as people, even if you've never met them before. They weren't using words, but the messages that they were trying to present really did come through. "Be yourself, and don't let anybody make you someone you're not". It's a message that we don't hear enough. Don't change to fit in, because you won't feel good about yourself.

The different styles of dancing were all so cool in different ways. The breaking looked like it took a lot of physical labour, and looked like you'd need some serious endurance. I liked how you can mix hip hop and jazz and get a fun result. The poping just looked like it hurt! :-)

Project soul was one of the coolest preformances I've ever seen, and I hope to see it again some time.

#16

Anonymous said...

I started off watching the show not really knowing a lot about break dancing, hip hop, ect. But as the show went on I was enjoying the new dances more and more.

Since I am a dancer, I can really relate to what they were saying about having inspiration to dance. I feel like if there is no inspiration for me to dance I don't work as well.

I was really impressed by all the dancing they did . There were so many moves I had never seen. It was a really awesome show.

#8

Anonymous said...

I thought the dancers were very good and talented. Their stories were very inspiring, and the dancers were truly passionate about what they were doing. All of the stories had good messages, to be who you are, and that it doesn’t matter what others think. Their hip-hop and breakdancing moves were really amazing. I had never really seen people do hip-hop the way they did, so I was really impressed.

# 15

Anonymous said...

I think that this project was AMAZING!!!!!!!!

I felt really happy and touched when they danced as it showed a very true story and they transported very clear messages.

i really loved that they said that you have to be yourself as that is something very true.

So to conclude I would just like to say that their dancing was so amazing that it has inspired me to put more passion in to my dance, singing and acting.

TNX !!!! #24
(0)(0)
=^.^=

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed that performance. I could see that when people would clap they would do even better. I never imagined dancing the way they told us. I've been inspired in the way that i think i'm going to start dancing. The message that stood out for during the whole preformance was:BE YOURSELF.

Anonymous said...

really enjoyed that performance. I could see that when people would clap they would do even better. I never imagined dancing the way they told us. I've been inspired in the way that i think i'm going to start dancing. The message that stood out for during the whole preformance was:BE YOURSELF.

#28 sorry i forgot to write my number

Anonymous said...

Hello Project Soul Dancers,

I think you all have great talent! What you do is amazing, you each have your own speciality, I love it. It is wonderful that you can express yourself through dancing. Before I always thought of dancing as more of a workout or something to stay fit and active, but after watching you dance and hearing your stories, I realize I made a wrong assumption.

Watching you dance filled me with joy and left me wanting to see more 'moves'. I loved how each of you had mastered a different element, or mastered the same element in a different way. It shows how different one thing can be. I thought that Hip Hop was one genre and nothing more. But once again I was wrong. You have showed me, no, you have taught me so much more about dancing, hip hop and expressing yourself in different ways.

I will never regret seeing your performance, even though we had to sit in our smelly gym for an hour and a half! ;)

-#1

Anonymous said...

I loved your performance! I still can't beileve how god you guys are. And to even think of the fact that it was a real story, that's impressive! The group has some serious skill!

I had a mix of emotions going on during that show. I felt that you were talking to us, but with a different type of expressing it. I also felt insanely uncomfortable when Trevor started to do his "poping" because I actually thought he was dislocating  all the parts in his body and just trying to cover it up by acting cool. (up until he explained the history of the that dance to us). 

I have never really scene a live dancing show, but I have scene a lot on TV.
But I can relate to the whole "dancing for an audience" thing because when I go down my street to the community center, there are really little kids, maybe 3-4 years old, and I dance kinda goofy for them, and they like it, but it's kinda' weird for me.

The message that stood out for me was  the "four aliments" skit. Even though it's not true, I liked it because it was funny, random and the message was very clear.
(\(\.       o
(- .-)     /¥\
o_(")(")  /\     #26

Anonymous said...

I think your performance was very interesting and inspiring. I've never seen a group of dancers that were that good. I noticed that many people were dancing during recess which was right after the show.

I liked hearing all the stories. Now I know what it's like for you to be a dancer. Your stories were very interesting. I think it's amazing how young you were when you started dancing.

I liked seeing all the different types of hip hop. I had no idea there were different types. Each of the different types of hip hop were very unique.

The message that stood out for me was:"be yourself". The message was very clear.

Thank you for the amazing performance!

-#11

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie,

I did it in point form if that's alright.

Here are the answers to the questions on the blog page:

1. I really enjoyed how interactive it was. It made me want to dance along. I even made up a dance routine that I showed to all my friends.
2.I felt really happy to see all this history of dance. I am glad that all ages can love dance in different ways.
3. I definitely do have a different point of view. I know that dance can tell a story. I remember when I was younger I used to go to the nutcracker and would watch the dancers tell a story. I just fascinates me that they can dance along beautifully.
4. I feel that dancing doesn't matter how you look but how you feel. I know you feel great and you can show in dancing that you feel great.
5. I know that I want to tell a story too in different ways. I know I may practice and practice but I will never be perfect. i may get close but I can still learn.
6. You can be anyone if you just believe in yourself. You may not get into dance shows but there might be one for you somewhere out in the world. It might be waiting for you to come.

Over all the project soul was very fun. Thank you for coming to our school. The demonstration/skit is a thing I will remember for a while.

#23 :) (thank you very much)

Anonymous said...

I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was so cool, and well cool
I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!
THE DANCING, THE STORY THE EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!
SO COOL!!!!!
They were very good
It was like boom chic kijdrf capowen and then WOW IT WAS SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#25

Anonymous said...

Dear Annie,

I was very excited watching the Project Soul Dancers perform.I have so much passion for dancing myself and have the pleasure of attending Hip Hop dance classes taught by Kim Sato at Harbour Dance Studio so I could appreciate the effort and talent it took for the Dance Group to entertain us. While watching I could feel their amazing energy and how much fun they were having. All of the dancers were incredibly flexible and strong making their movements look so effortless and like an optical illusion.I was so inspired after the show to learn new moves and keep on practicing!I cannot wait for my next class.

All of the dancers showed us that it is important to be individuals and that we are all unique with something to offer each other....we all just need to take time to appreciate and respect each other. Everyone has a voice ,a dance , a story. We all need to keep dancing,whatever dance that may be.

Thank you for the opportunity to watch such great talent while learning a valuable lesson at the same time.Bravo Project Soul Dance Group! Thank you Annie

#14