Thursday, February 24, 2011

Timeline - Beaty Museum - Digging Deep!

There are various items I'd like to share with you this evening.

1. Timelines were due today.  Five students have yet to hand theirs in. 

2. Learning Logs need to be returned and signed by a parent as soon as possible.  Over the past five weeks we have been learning a lot about Black History.  Students have created their own learning log and I'm very impressed by the quality of their work.  I hope you take the time to read it before you return it to school.  You can learn a lot about your child this way.  A good question to keep in mind while reading it is:

"Did he take the time to dig deep into his thoughts?"

We (teachers) often find ourselves saying  "Dig Deeper!"  Working on the surface is not sufficient anymore and a lot of the times, something that takes 5 minutes to write is a good indicator of something that is not 'deep enough'.

Great starters for a reflective entry are...

I wonder if... I'm surprised by... I'm not sure if... This reminds me of...


Something to keep in mind while supporting your child at home.

3. Here are some pictures taken last week during our time at the Beaty Museum.





































I've decided to leave Maru alone for a few days and share this video with you...

Seal meets girl.  Seal falls in love with girl.  The end. from Bob Dobalina on Vimeo.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg. The video is so cute. I wonder where the girl is... its not every day you run into a herd of seals and i even saw some penguins in the back ground.

I wonder if she has met seals before.... is she a seal expert??? too many questions. :)

#1

Anonymous said...

I wanted to thank you Annie for posting so regularly. I'm excited each time I turn on my computer to see what you wrote, or the new video you posted.

Keep writting, keep posting.

#1

Anonymous said...

Oh. Annie I was wondering, are we still using the reading response journals or can we bring them home to share with our parents?

#1

Anonymous said...

I loved the Beaty museum! I had such a wonderful time but I wish we could have had more time! Love the video by the way. So cute. :)

#3

Anonymous said...

Wow...I just noticed! There is a hoard of penguins in the backgroud! So funny! :P

#3