Helmets
Cold Eyes
Boots
On the path to home
Rifle in the hands
She looked into the face
----------------------------------------------------------
Little Sneezing Cows
Hey
Cow Look Shiny
Wet
No
Someone's polished them
Cows sneeze
Nope
Dunno
Sneeze not around
Cares
Dashed puddled
LIttle, little, little, little
Hi
Hi
Hey
Cow sneeze no
----------------------------------------------------------
Out of bed
Feeling about
Heard something
Freeze
Only imagination
Prayed
Unanswered
Again
Unmistakable
All too familiar
Detestable
Too late
----------------------------------------------------------
Wake up on island surrounded by cool water
Wake up to chirping and red squirrels tapping
Their feet on metal roof
I cool off in water after long run
Hang out on beach
Soothing
Cliff, jump
Tubing
Warm dinner
----------------------------------------------------------
I Think
He drew a design
And every time
He drew a
Black and white
Design on his side
They are different
I think like one
Which I know I'd prefer not to
But often I think more than I remember
And that is a good thing
----------------------------------------------------------
Courage
Drain away
Pulled a plug
Couldn't put back in
Pretend
No different
Crying, shaking
Everyone could see
Sat down
And hoped
----------------------------------------------------------
The Blue Danube Piano
Picked music, she'd heard before
Atlas, smelled of attic
On the edge, there was Hungary
Budapest, wandering on a yellow blotch
A puzzle a map... the whole world ran across it
She smiled in the book
She remembered Madeline in Paris
She was Ruth
Blue Danube
Playing, passed the window into view
----------------------------------------------------------
Twig snapped
Froze
At sound
Noise travelled
Been heard
Heart raced
Held
Breath
Nothing
But crickets chirping
Turned
My
Head
Spot
Movement
Trees
On all sides
----------------------------------------------------------
One day
I was
Making a uniform
With a
Red
White
and black design
----------------------------------------------------------







1 comment:
I want to say hi to everyone! I had a great spring break and I hope others did to! It's nice to look at the blog and see all of these nice poems. It brings back the memories.
#23
Post a Comment