I found an interesting email in my inbox today. A lot of intermediate students have already fallen into the trap.
-If you get an email and it looks something like this (see picture at the end of this post) DO NOT GIVE OUT ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION!
-If you have already fallen into the trap, change your password immediately. Please watch this video if you can't remember how to create a safe password.
-If you received the message and haven't replied yet, delete the message immediately. Tell you friends to do the same thing.
This is called phishing. The following definition was taken from this site.
Phishing is the use of email or Short Message System to encourage individuals to reveal financial details like credit card numbers, account names and passwords or other personal information. Phishing messages can look like genuine messages from a real bank, telecommunications provider, online retailer or credit card company. Often the message will contain an urgent ‘call to action’, such as claims that the bank account will be closed or compromised if action is not taken. Phishing is usually sent by email from falsified email addresses, but is increasingly being sent to mobile telephones and VoIP telephone services.
Let me know if you read and understood this message. I'll make an announcement tomorrow so that everyone knows about this.
-If you get an email and it looks something like this (see picture at the end of this post) DO NOT GIVE OUT ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION!
-If you have already fallen into the trap, change your password immediately. Please watch this video if you can't remember how to create a safe password.
-If you received the message and haven't replied yet, delete the message immediately. Tell you friends to do the same thing.
This is called phishing. The following definition was taken from this site.
Phishing is the use of email or Short Message System to encourage individuals to reveal financial details like credit card numbers, account names and passwords or other personal information. Phishing messages can look like genuine messages from a real bank, telecommunications provider, online retailer or credit card company. Often the message will contain an urgent ‘call to action’, such as claims that the bank account will be closed or compromised if action is not taken. Phishing is usually sent by email from falsified email addresses, but is increasingly being sent to mobile telephones and VoIP telephone services.
Let me know if you read and understood this message. I'll make an announcement tomorrow so that everyone knows about this.

11 comments:
oh interesting. i was wondering: there is this person that has figured out my email adresse and is continuing to send me spam messages that all say the same things but from different emails, what should i do????
#1
AHHH! OMG! I was just checking all the spam to see if there were any hints that it was the same person and i got an email exactly like yours!!!!!!! AHHHHH> it was from zorpia something from someone jacqueline, keith and some dude named mike!!!!!
OMG im going to try and change my password ASAP!!!
from a scared #1
I got this email too. They didn't hack into that person's email it was just that if you make a account it will automatically send it to all your contacts on your email. This person didn't read this correctly and he didn't get rid of the contacts. So it will just send this. I kept on getting this email so one day I decided to make a account because all my friends seemed to be sending it to me. Big mistake. It sent it to all my contacts encluding noahct123. You would never know. A day later my friends told me. It's not good!
#23
Just delete all the messages. Once students stop registering it will stop. Il faut mettre une fin ¡a ceci, une fois pour toutes!
If you haven't given any personal information (log in info, passwords) you are fine.
If you already typed in your password make sure to change your password, that's all.
A lot of people use the same password for everything they do (banking, various email accounts, etc) so it's also important to have different passwords for each account.
Remember that video we watched about how to create a safe password? It's time to apply what you've learned!
And rule #1 is: never share your password with anyone, no matter how much you trust them (at your age your parents do no fall into this category).
Merci d'avoir partagé votre expérience. :-)
It was sent to me!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH! I'm scared... Thankfully, I had no idea what it was and I deleted it. It proves that sometimes being oblivious is a good thing.
#16
Just seen this message tnx annie,
this is really scary but I was just wondering where did spam mail first start? I'll go and check my email now but if it is there should I open it or just delete it???
from a confused #24
feyeeew I just checked my emails and tere is nothing there so thats good, do you think this is just 4 gmail or all?
thanx c
see you in class
#24
People sent me this spam mail, and it automatically sends it to everyone you know, DELETE IT IMMEDIATELY IF YOU GET!
#26
I got that and then I exited it... just wanted to say that... um...ya... from #22
When I got it I didn't even want to sign up
Good for you for not signing up! Deleting all this stuff is the best way to go. :-)
Post a Comment